Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Journal Entry #2- Fear of the Lord

Some of you may remember my testimony last May after coming home from YWAM and the main theme of it was the Fear of God. Here is a recent journal entry where I was processing more of what the Fear of God is and what it looks like. I hope and pray that the Lord will speak directly to YOU through this entry. Maybe you can relate with where I'm coming from. Here it is:

MY THOUGHTS:
-- Here is what I don't understand about the fear of God. I don't think your nature is to have your children motivated out of fear... fear is a dreadful thing-- it brings anxiety and nervousness. So what does it mean to fear you?

God's thoughts to me:

++ "My flesh trembles in fear of you; I stand in awe of your laws." Psalm 119:120
Fear of me does not bring anxiety or dread to your spirit or your soul, but to your flesh. As a follower of God, there is a constant battle between your spirit and your flesh. Your spirit is in tune with my Spirit but your flesh always seeks to control. A Holy fear of God brings trembling, dread and awe to the flesh that causes it to submit. Fear of Me, brings life to you because it makes room for my Spirit to work in and through you.
In this way your flesh becomes less and my Holy Spirit becomes greater within you. My fear is a key to walking in right relationship with me. A man who fears the Lord knows me intimately and I trust him. A man with no fear of the God is controlling, selfish and foolish-- he does not have in mind the things of God, but the things of man. "He must become greater; I must become less." (John 3:30)

My prayer after this revelation:
Oh, God bring me to that place of utter fear of the Lord! I want my flesh to become lesser that you may be greater and glorified! Lord, let me flesh tremble in fear of you and let your love so fill me that it be the one driving motivation of all that I do! Praise your Holy Name!

No comments: