Tuesday, January 8, 2008

From my Journal.

This is a conversation I had with God on November 22nd, 2007:

MY PRAYER:
∞Today is a most beautiful day. The sweet sea breeze, the warm sun, the blue waters and the greenest grass. Thank you for this beautiful day.
Yesterday night it was revealed to me by You, that there is judgement in my mind and heart. There is such a fine line between discernment and judgement. How can I know when my flesh so subtly creeps into my perception? How do I stay away from judgement?
"Brothers, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against is brother or judges him speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgement on it. There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you-- who are you to judge your neighbor?" James 4:11,12

"I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me." 1 Corinthians 4:3,4

GOD SAID TO ME:
§ The discernment I give you will always be motivated out of a heart of love and compassion. As soon as you start coparing a person or sizing them up in a cutting way, you have stepped into judgement. Discernment is of the Spirit. Judgement is of the mind. Discernment is a knowing within you, but judgement seeks to type-cast a person.
You avoid judgement by looking to me for my word and my heart. When I reveal something to you, even if it is a negative thing, I do it for the sake of my love. It is our responsibility to seek me on how to operate in love when I show you something about another person's or your character.
Never seek to convict someone for my sake. Althought you may have a good heart, it is my place to convict. I may use you to rebuke but it will always be in my timing.
Learn my timing and you will see fruit from the things you sow into.

MY RESPONSE:
∞"Any time you compare yourself with others you lose. For either you
find you are not as good, which is a put down of the way God sees
you, or you are better, which is pride."-Ken Helser
Oh Lord Jesus, show me your ways, your pace, and your judgement. God, give me your heart for all of my friends, family, one-on-one and outreach team. I want to discern accordin to you!
I want to stop judging myself and others.. God I want to see you-- and when I see you, I will see me rightly and I will see others rightly. I want to see through your eyes and hear with your ears!
Thank you God.

No comments: