Tuesday, February 7, 2012

FATHER's Love at EL Chico and GAP

I'm going to give a "2011: Year in Review" soon, but until that time, I thought I would go ahead and post this story. It may or not seem impressive to you, but the thing I like about it is how down to earth and natural the Holy Spirit is. He meets my needs and He moves in power even when I am on a bad day. Love that. Not sure if anyone follows this blog anymore, but if you do, I hope you're blessed by this testimony:

I was having a rough morning, missing my family and feeling really lonely. I drove to the mall to use up a giftcard from Christmas and as I did, I saw a sign for the restaurant El Chico. It reminded me of my dad because he and I used to eat there almost weekly for a season. It deepened my loneliness, but then I heard my Heavenly Father say, “Why don’t you go to El Chico with me? Let’s have lunch together.” I laughed, picturing myself alone at a table in a mexican restaurant-- a pathetic sight. But I felt like there was something on it. I went to GAP, shopped around but felt like I wasn’t supposed to buy anything yet. I went to GAP and told them I needed a table for one. 10 minutes later they set up a table for 2, which I thought was God’s confirmation that this was HIS idea. I sat down, ordered a diet coke and browsed the menu. The diet coke came and as I was looking at the menu I saw a picture of two diet cokes on the table and the Father was drinking one. So I considered ordering another diet coke even though I had a full one in front of me. But before I could, with my own drink COMPLETELY full, the waiter brought out a SECOND diet coke and placed it in the exact spot that I had envisioned before. After that, I had faith that God was with me on the “Father-son” date, and I started talking to Him and had a great time with Him, feeling so loved and all the loneliness disappear.

Then I went to GAP to pick up the few items I had been trying on. At the cash register, I started talking to the Lady who was checking me out and as I did, I saw a picture of her in a class room with what looked like middle-school aged children and heard the word “anxiety.”
So I asked her, “Hey, are you studying in the education department at OU?” She looked really surprised, and said, “Yeah… “
And then I said, “And you want to work with younger children, middle-school aged kids.” And she said, “How did you know that? Are you in the education department?”
I said, “This might sounds kind of weird, but sometimes God will give me pictures whenever He wants to encourage people and I saw a picture of you teaching middle-school aged children. I feel like He wants you to know that His favor is all over you and that if you’re feeling anxiety over your career or finding a job after college, He wants to bring you peace and show His provision.”
At this point, her jaw was open and she had a look of complete shock on her face. She finished up the transaction thanking me, and I blessed her and told her God’s favor was on her life.

Even on my bad days, He is GOOD!

No comments: